View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 04:11 PM

Default Re: NCAAF Early Lines Thread (Conference championship week)

Miami/CMU line is moving to 3 which still blows me away.
This is a pseudo-homefield advantage for CMU. They will easily have a majority of the fan support there and in spite of their recent struggles I still think they're better than 3 points here.
Miami is so inconsistent.

I was liking Miami back when I thought CMU was goping to receive too much credit and the line was going to be huge.

But it looks like a lot of bettors must have been jumping on Miami at +3.5 to move it down to 3 and that just seems so suprising to me.

I was starting to get into myturn's camp on WAS but changed my mind.
They look so much better at home and I thought the game vs. BSU was impressive.
I try to fall back on all their close wins against conference teams that they supposedly should be blowing away. But then a team like Fresno St knocks off KSU which isn't exactly the biggest upset in the universe but it still makes you wonder if perhaps the upper teams in the WAC aren't quite so incredibly crappy and instead are only mildly crappy.

WAS isn't really playing for anything and I can see the possibility of them laying back a little bit and just enjoying their HAW vacation and not being quite as focused on this game. Last trip for the seniors...etc etc.

Their defense isn't exactly the most impressive in the world although it's a bit better lately. But 5 games this year allowing 40+ points doesn't exactly bode well for their chances of stopping the HAW attack.
Whereas HAW has all the motivation in the world of an unbeaten season and a possible BCS bowl bid.