View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 04:05 PM

Default Re: Society, Intuition and Logic

[ QUOTE ]
That touches on the aspect I've been pointing to. let's use VarlosZ's situation - He knows intuitively that him mother loves him ( darn, I wish he'd have thrown in something about apple pie). We discover that she's been slowly poisoning him to collect insurance and arranging a sell him to the gypsies and keeping the pie.
which source of knowledge is considered 'right' or 'true'. His personal intuition or our objective analysis?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Again - do you think you are referring to the same mental experience/state when you compare an insane homocidal persons love of you to an normal persons love of you. you would actually claim " yep, they both love me. oh, and one wants to kill me in a barbaric way" ?

would that make the use of the term 'love' not as comforting as VarlosZ seemed to want it to be for us?

[/ QUOTE ]

I must have done a poor job of explaining what I mean, because you still don't know what I've been saying. Part of that is your fault, though: I've mentioned mothers and love, and you've read way too much into those examples. When have I implied anything about love being comforting? Where does that intersect with anything I've said? And your apple pie reference is cute, but 100% irrelevant.

If it makes it easier, forget motherhood and love. Pick any interpersonal relationship, and any potentially related emotion. What does it feel like to be angry with a friend? Can logic do a better job of capturing that information than "intuition"?