View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 03:46 PM

Default Re: Call with A high on river?

with a weak-read of not too aggro post flop calling the river is pretty bad ... calling the turn isn't too hot either but not gross

also you reasoning to get to the river and on the river is off (IMO) ... you are calling the turn thinking your hand has a chance to be good (the bet you put into the pot must be included)
on the turn the is 6BB, with your mindset you've already comitted to calling the turn (you'll be putting in 2BB for 7BB ... you'll really need to justify your call on the turn with a range and likelyhood of villain probably river action)
i like bravos turn c.r against (i was thinking the same thing, especially if you are willing to put in 2bet)
I do this from time to time (but I'm only putting in 2bet, hoping the action go c.r-c.c on the river ... which it's normally does - not too sure how good the play is, I haven't looked over my total time of trying this vs winning the hand)
also ... snitch ... in this spot isn't any hit likely raising the flop??? (FD, INSD, OESD, PP, board hits, even another ace AQ, AJ, AT, A9... 3way i raise any of these all the time)