View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 03:31 PM

Default Re: river bluff vs. 2p2er

[ QUOTE ]
i thought this was clear, but the river bet is a pure bluff. he is never calling with worse.

i felt that the vast majority of his range was one-pair hands. some of them beat me, some of them don't. my thinking was that if i called, i'd beat stuff like 99 but get towned by stuff like QJ. however, if i raised, he'd fold his queens, and he'd also fold his 99-type hands, which is obviously not a bad thing (and it'd decrease my green line/blue line gap! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]).

edit: i'm not disputing that calling might've been profitable. if it was, though, that doesn't mean that raising wasn't better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand your thinking and there's certainly some validity to it. I guess if you're really that confident that he's folding a Q here then the bluff is at least as good if not better than just calling.

I just know that I'm probably not folding any hand I'm value betting with on this river very often (read: never) which I guess would be good for you cause I'd value bet 99 a good bunch of the time.