View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 03:22 PM

Default Re: river bluff vs. 2p2er

Whoever villain is, can you ask him not to make such retardo bet sizes? $16.80? Does he think he's being cute?

Also, I would call river and expect your hand to be good a fair amount. I guess you've been talking to terp too much cause I know this is a spot where he feels like he needs to bluff.

I don't think a queen folds here as much as you want him to. In villain's spot I'd be like "lol, river checkraises from TAGs are bluffs, I HAVE TAWP PAIR, I CAWL." Sure, I'll get owned by tricky trappy TAGs once before I jot down a note that they're capable of playing weird, but they're also owning themselves to a certain degree when they miss value by playing this way (which will happen when trying to trap) and I'll just adjust against them in the future. Kind of a "I'm not really gonna put this 55/5/0.8 player on a bluff until he shows me he can bluff" type of situation.

I also squeeze pre because I love variance. Actually I hate variance but I still think it's super +EV just because your hand is sooper strong and he'll probably try to blow you off more than his fair share of flops. EDIT: Oops, 29/14 opened not button...hrm that makes it closer. Probably still squeeze.