View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 02:00 PM

Default Re: Boston Celtics \'07-\'08 Banner 17 Thread

[ QUOTE ]
GKA and I talked about this; in crunch time the lineup should be house, allen, pierce, posey, KG. thoughts?

having perk/rajon is somewhat of a liability.

also, does anyone else feel like rajon is their little boy? I feel like if I ever met him I'd get the compulsion to go to a candy store w/ him or Toys R' Us or something.

Also, I don't blame this loss on Ray Allen (although possibly I should) - I blame doc on his poor end game management. I'm going to cavs/Cs next week in the garden, and we're going to tear them up

[/ QUOTE ]

1 of Rondo/Perk on the floor is fine (assuming the 1 who is in is the one within 3 feet of the basket and not at the top of the key), it's when they are both on the floor it becomes a libality. I personally would rather go with this lineup:

Ray Allen/Pierce/Posey/KG/Perk, put Posey on the best offensive sg/sf. Yes Ray Allen isn't a pg, but all he has to do is bring the ball up (if he can't, Pierce can). Ray Allen is also a better defensive PG than Eddie House would be.

Plus KG doesn't like to play center and struggles on D when matched up with even a half decent center, he is such a better defensive PF than Center it's not even funny. Our d is also sooo much better when both Perk/KG are in than when we just have KG in. Also Posey plays SF where he belongs and is a very good defender at SF. When Posey plays PF he is a horrible defender because he cannot guard PF's.

On offense, feed Pierce the ball and run a pick and roll with Pierce and get the best possible shot, enough of these crappy iso's please, pick and roll is the best play in basketball USE IT. You can also feed KG in the post, keep Perk down low for offensive rebounding/if his man leaves him it's a wide open dunk for perk, since KG always shoots jumpers anyway, and space the floor with Allen/Pierce/Posey. This lineup makes by far the most sense imo.