View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 12:37 PM

Default Did I play my aces in game incorrectly

Last night I was playing at a home type game that is in a condo clubhouse. $.50/$1.00 was the NL game.

I bought in for $40 and within 2o minutes was up to about $100. I have only been playing 3 months, but play all day. The game seemed very soft.

Here is the hand. I dont know how to post it like others do so I will just type it.

Guy in 3rd position raises to $3, a average raise at this table ($3-5 had been the norm). One caller, folds to me in SB. Look down I have pocket Aces. I come over the top and make it $15. I define my hand and am also trying to define theirs.

Original raiser calls, other person folds.

Flop- Qc,9s, 6c.

I bet about $20, thinking I will take it there or if he has a Queen I could make some money off of him.

He calls.

Turn- 8h

I take my time and look at the board. I didnt want him if he were on the flush draw to hit so I knew I needed to be big. Looking at the board, him having two pairs was not llkely, qx from the board wouldnt make sense for calling that large of a raise pre flop.

I decided to push in for my remainding $60 or so. I figured if he had pocket q's and flopped a set, oh well, but didnt figure two pairs were likely and didnt want to give him a flush or straight card.

He calls.

Turns over Jack 10 offsuit for the straight.

Okay, I was beat in the hand, but I dont feel like I could have played it any differently.

I could have gone all in preflop, but had zero action.

Did I play this right? I was sitting there thinking, I played it correctly, he called a large re raise with a medoicre hand that he shouldnt have even been involved with the flop, and was lucky to hit.

Am I wrong? j10 offsuit I would fold all but late pos and would never call if someone comes over the top for 15 big blinds

Also, I am a new member here, and look forward to getting a lot of help to my game here