View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 12:06 PM

Default Re: Big draw on the turn in big pot

I think that I would have just bet the flop, instead of checkraising. If I got raised, then I think a threebet would be in order, especially if you were still playing against a field.

Right now, any money put in the pot, is probably going in at about even equity for you.

If you make your hand, especially with a jack, you can almost be certain that the button is going to bet, and you will get to checkraise the entire field on the river, when you have 100% equity.

Additionally, all those player who are calling, maybe one of them has smaller spades, which does two things, it means that you have fewer outs, and it also means that they may be planning on checkraising the river. So if the river gets checked to the maniac, it might get checkraised in front of you, and then you can threebet it.

Or, they might bet out on the river, and you could raise it.

Finally, he has bet the flop, and then called, and now is making it like he is going to raise your ber on the turn. I suspect that he might be on a draw here, and is trying to get a freecard from you. You actually have the nut draw, and there isn't really anyone who has done anything but call single bets so far. I think that I might bet, hope that he raises, and in that case, if it gets to headsup, I am going to call him down unimproved.