View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 11:03 AM

Default Re: WTF? this is still funny

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ur moran

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you must be levelling. Unless you have been under the impression that what we see on TV is what the players see?

I'll explain it to you just in case you are mentally challenged - Even though we can see the hole cards each player has, the players only know their own hole cards. This means that Rafe did not know that his opponent had made trip sevens. In fact the BB raised which made it hard to put him on 72, it was more likely that he had paired the queen giving him queens and sevens which Rafe could beat with his aces and sevens.

[/ QUOTE ]

in poker we use bets as well as a myriad of other tools to gauge the strength of our opponents hand and react accordingly.

sklansky's theorem of poker states that to play poker well, we must try to play as we would if our opponent's hole cards were revealed, and attempt to make our opponents play the opposite of what they would if our own were revealed.

rafe furst totally veiled the strength of his hand and was thus unable to determine when/if he was beat. This isn't good poker. This was his own fault. No, we don't expect him to be able to see his opponent's hole cards, but by betting for information he is able to make a better determination.

he played the hand horribly, got his money in drawing to two outs. This is not what we try to achieve in poker, and alot of better players would have been able to avoid this by either a) jamming it preflop, b) actually betting for information and giving themselves a chance to get away should they be beat.

if you like his play you are bad, which I had no doubt you are anyway.

thankyou morans.