View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 09:53 AM

Default Re: Worth switching sites for rakeback/datamining?

I waited until I had 600$ bankroll to get the max (100% or 600$) first time deposit bonus. Which is nice. At 25NL it clears a lot faster than 5 or 10NL (which is important too). And it helps to learn multitabling/play longer sessions.

Mind you, Full Tilt doesn't have 5NL, so if you start running bad with your meager roll, there's no dropping down. And I ran bad: aces cracked 80% of the time, set over sets, trips vs flush draws losing, flopped flushes vs trips and board pairing,... I started playing scared, limping everything, folding the best hand WAY too often, had to drop down to 10NL. Just to say: make sure you get a bit of a "cushion".

I have a 1K bankroll now, after 3 months Full Tilt, and I'm break even (600 original deposit and 400 bonus cleared). I'm still nowhere near playing the way I did on PS, but it's getting better.

I played 26.6K hands in november, and have about 58$ rb pending at the moment, a bit more than 2 buy-ins (but I'm still cleaning the bonus which gets deducted, so I suppose it's normally a bit more - just to give you an idea). I like it a lot more (and need it a lot more) than Poker Stars' bonus system, yeah.