View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 12:48 AM

Default Quiting Poker but why ?

Hi,

I am thinking about quiting poker. I am playing ouver 2 yeahrs poker and I am not a winning player. The most money I through away on the Micro Tables was because I was unexperienced or just stupid in the past. The difference from the past to today is easy. I understanded the principals of poker.

Other players see me as a real danger at the table. Everybody is very afraid of beeing with me in a pot and I got nice comments about how I am playing! So my problem is I dont have a real buddy that takes the game so far to another level how I do. Maybe I have leaks I dont see.

Why I am thinking about quiting poker is because the bad beats are hitting me hard. I feel mentaly very down. I mean this weekend guys called my raised hands with cards like KJo from UTG after I folded 2 Hours long any hand I got. You know what happend. And that goes on and on. People hitting against me the craziest cards and bust me so hard.

The Problem is in my head, I have problems to see poker as a game of skill. I know the math. But even when you are a 4.5 to 1 favorite you can lose 100 times in a row. You know what I mean ? I also wanna understand the idea behind these players! I cant figure it out why the calling with rag only to get lucky and bust someone... I mean these hands they are playing are totaly dumb.
Otherwise I understand that money comes from these players but I feel so unlucky in my head...

I dont wanna open a bad beat threat or such a [censored], I just wanna ask for a serious idea for helping me. I like that game but know I am at the point where I am not sure if I should more money and menatl energy in it or let it go...