View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 12:30 AM

Default Re: KT-TP vs PFR-I hate this spot

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When and if I play KTo from the blinds, I'm looking for a straight, or at least top-two pair or trips.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank you for the reply. I am in the cutoff, not the blinds. What do u estimate BB's range to be here-top 10% or is that way too optimistic? If villian is raising with overpair here, I think this is a bad raise-it's likely to invite the multiway action that he doesn't want

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I wrote "blinds" but I meant "button." What I was trying to say was, "When and if I play KTo from the button, I'm looking for a straight, or at least top-two pair or trips. I'm not looking for TPWK vs a guy with a 3/4-sized stack relative to mine and a player in the SB still to act who has me covered."

Sorry about the typo.

The OP clearly says, "Hero is Button." And I will call all kinds of junk like KTo on the button. So I like the preflop play fine. But, like I was saying, I'm looking for a big flop. I'm not looking for top pair. I'd fold to the big donk bet, especially with one player still to act between me and the 3/4 stack donk bettor.

As for the min-raiser's range, it's almost anything playable. AT,KT,A2s,JJ,or even QQ-AA looking to make a big pot that he can push at on any flop and get "action" since he's short. Maybe its a bluff, but I'm more worried about SB. Just because SB checked the flop doesn't mean he missed the flop. I'd hate to push over the donk betting shorty only to have SB wake up with a call.

Basically, I would have played KTo preflop on the button for the implied odds that I might get on a great flop. Not for the marginal equity that may or may not exist with TPWK vs a short stack. So I'd fold.