View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 10:47 PM

Default Re: .5/1 Turn set against manaic

Been a while. Let me respond to some questions. He was a preflop maniac and did get out of line on the flop quite a a bit. But, not some raising station. Capable of raising with air every street but not standard. Bets draws like the nuts, overvalues hands, etc.

So not "reasonable" post-flop at all, just not entirely retarded... he played ok after flop once he put in all those bets PF more often than not--but nothing close to optimal. And he doesn't always cap/raise with garbage. His preflop selection just seemed random. Didn't play every hand, somewhere between 45-60vpip with like 35-40 raise.

I missed value on the turn if he had a flush draw and top pair, which I expect him to cap. At no point did I think I was behind but for some reason did not want to play turn/river for max value. IMO I should have 3bet turn for value, called cap and bet/call river.

If the flop were all clubs I am more inclined to think he slowplayed a flush. I thought he had Kx or Tx, a big club, maybe better. He did make a couple of attempts to win pots with nothing by raising every street a few times previous.