View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 07:19 PM

Default Re: NOV 27th Service Plays Inside

Burns NBA

BULLS (-7 or better)

Game: Atlanta Hawks vs. Chicago Bulls Game Time: 11/27/2007 8:35:00 PM Prediction: Chicago Bulls Reason: I'm laying the points with CHICAGO. The Hawks have the better record. However, the Bulls are playing at home and I still believe that they're the significantly better team. The Bulls should be happy to be back home and thrilled to be playing their first game against a team from the Southeast Division, as they were 31-15 SU and 28-17-1 (62%) ATS against teams from that division the past two seasons. The Bulls have dominated the Hawks for a lot longer than that though! In fact, they've won 11 straight series meetings, going a highly profitable 9-2 ATS. The most recent meeting here at Chicago resulted in a one-sided 106-81 romp. The Hawks have begun this road trip with wins at Minnesota and Miami. However, this is a tougher venue and the Hawks haven't swept a three game road trip in roughly a decade. The Hawks were 12-29 on the road last season while the Bulls were 31-10 at home. I expect things to return to "normal" with the highly motivated Bulls recording a much-needed one-sided victory. *NBA Blowout GOM

UNDER sonics/lakers (212 or better)

Game: Seattle SuperSonics vs. Los Angeles Lakers Game Time: 11/27/2007 10:35:00 PM Prediction: under Reason: I feel that this total is too high and I'm playing on the Sonics and Lakers to finish UNDER the total. The Sonics obviously don't play the best defense in the league and that's the primary reason for such a big over/under number tonight. However, their games still average "only" 208 points. The Lakers have averaged 206 in their games but a lower 202.6 here in LA. Yes, the Sonics played a high-scoring game against the Spurs in their last game. However, in addition to that helping tonight's over/under line to be a couple of points higher, note that Seattle has already seen the UNDER go a profitable 6-1 this season after allowing 105 or more points in their previous game. The Sonics last road game was also high-scoring. However, they've still seen three of their last five road games finish with less than 200 points. Meanwhile, the Lakers have seen their last four home games all produce 202 combined points or less. The Lakers, currently listed as 11 point favorites, have shown a recent tendency to go "under" the total when listed as large favorites, as the UNDER is 5-1 the last six times the Lakers were favored by greater than eight points. One of those five "unders" came from the most recent meeting between these two teams when they combined for 207 points (total was 210) last April. Look for tonight's game to be lower scoring than expected once again and for the final combined score to stay beneath the generous total. *Western Conf. TOM