View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 07:15 PM

Default Re: Full Ring advice

[ QUOTE ]
I would advise skipping .02/.04 altogether and trying something higher. I think the amount of bad habits you learn there far outweighs any good habits you might pick up.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very true, I had the same exact problem with FR .02/.04 although I was usually a winner at SH. Then I realized, playing that limit actually made me paraniod about miracle cards which dragged me into a passive play. I found myself calling and thinking "what the hell, if i win, i win, no need to lose money on a 2 outer, these guys aren't folding anyway and somehow they catch cards."

The moment I saw this, I quit the limit, moved up to .05/.1. I started playing poker about 2 months ago so I am not winning too much in total, but the experience at this limit is giving me good habits.

So push your bankroll a bit, an extra couple of dollars has less value compared to the "correct" knowledge you will acquire.

By the way it is my first post, and never thought I would be giving an advice at this point, but as I said I had the same problem and figured this might help. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]