View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 05:35 PM

Default Re: ***SSNL LIFE THREAD NOV***

[ QUOTE ]
no offense nath, but isn't this a sign of depression??

[/ QUOTE ]
It might be! I have noticed that when I'm getting laid, it's a lot easier to wake up early and be excited about life. I guess I'm not that excited about my day-to-day right now. And I'm visiting some friends in Louisiana, so I miss Austin already. This is comfortable, but very inert, so yeah, it can be depressing. I'm also not exactly known for stable brain chemistry.

[ QUOTE ]
also, not sure, but isn't adderall for attention problems, if it's for depression as well, sorry, i'm dumb

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah it is. On the other hand, it's basically pharmaceutical speed, so that helps with depression.

[ QUOTE ]
in college, and sometimes now, i kept my ipod next to my bed and would turn it on and it would eventually get me up

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I tried setting up an alarm clock that played awesome music from my computer. Several attempts at this led me to wake up, get out of bed, turn it off, and go back to bed, every single time.

[ QUOTE ]
My alarm is the Bill Fillmaff theme song blasting on my cell phone, and it works pretty [censored] well for at least getting me to get out of bed to turn it off (even if sometimes I get right back into bed) because while it is comedic genius, it's also pretty annoying after the 500th morning you've woken up to it.

[/ QUOTE ]
See, I'm worried about something like this, because I don't want to be woken up by something annoying. That would set a bad tone for my day, and I already don't like waking up as it is. I like being awake, but I hate transitioning from asleep -> awake (for that matter, I'm not crazy about awake -> asleep either).