View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 04:00 PM

Default Re: KK check-raised on an TTx flop

Dont mean to hijack, but I was just about to post a question with the same situation. Here is how it played out for me.

6 people no reads I just sat down. $25NL
villain has $33
I have $25

UTG MP fold
Hero (CO) dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] raises to $1
BTN folds
SB folds
BB calls

Flop
J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
BB checks, Hero bets $2, BB raises to $4, Hero raises to $10, BB shoves, Hero folds. BB shows Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I liked a smallish raises that doesnt really commit me if I get reraised. I knew that raise would give me all the info I needed and I dont really lose a lot if he shoves over the top. I liked that better than just calling down. I wanted to know on that flop where I stood and I found out by raising. I hate calling in spots like this. I may start to mix in calling here with the arguments yall have given for it but I really hate not having any new information on villains hand.