View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 01:27 PM

Default Re: 50NL: AK flops a K and gets donked into (big preflop pot)

[ QUOTE ]

A guy with 18/12 preflop is not going to limp/call with a hand like AT,AJ,or AK. He'll raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, but they shouldn't be discounted entirely. He could've decided to play ATs or AJs as suited Aces rather than as top-pair hands, hence his second-limp.

[ QUOTE ]

His range is probably {77,55,Ac9c,Ac8c,A7s,Ac6c,A5s,Ac4c,Ac3c,Ac2c,9c8c, 8c6c,75s,6c4c} against which AdKd has 29% equity all-in on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a fairly reasonable shove-calling range but I don't think this is his donking range. If he can have Ac6c, there's nothing to stop him from having Ah6h and be donking to "see where he's at".

[ QUOTE ]

Somebody explain what's wrong with calling then pushing (or calling an all-in from MP1) on a blank turn where our equity over his range goes up to 50% or more (i.e. ~60% is the turn is Qd), but folding to a push from MP1 on a club turn (i.e. ~4% equity if the turn is Qc). Also, if we call the donk bet and UTG+1 goes all-in and MP1 calls, then our hand is gargage and we can fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is fine. We don't figure to be a favorite against an 18/12's shove-calling range here. Also, as you hinted at, a raise commits us against UTG+1.