View Single Post
Old 07-09-2005, 07:07 PM

Default Re: He called you with Jack high? Post it in here! (Designated NC Thr

Okay, this has to be the craziest hand I've ever played. Sadly, it's Pacific, so I can't use the hand converter, but here's the gist.

I'm in SB with QQ. I raise, and 6 players call for 1 more, giving us 7 players to the flop.
Flop is J83, two clubs. I don't have a club so that someone scares me, but other than that I'm looking good. I bet out. Get a caller, one fold, then a raise and a reraise. I cap, even though I'm afraid I might be behind to trips or two pair. Everyone still in it calls, sending us to the turn with 19.5BB in the pot, and 6 players still left!

Turn is 4 of spades, which I'm sure helps no one, so I bet out again. Everyone calls, but the button raises. I reraise. All but one player calls. Pot=35.5BB!

River is K diamonds. [censored]. I've got an unimproved QQ against 4 players and an overcard just came. I bet out again, but prepare to fold if there's some significant raising/ reraising action. Instead, the craziest [censored] happens--everyone folds. Yup, all four players fold rather than putting $2 into a 71$ pot. Even UTG, who had raised both the flop and turn, and who knew that his betting would end the action, didn't think it worth $2 on the 3% chance I was bluffing throughout with nothing (as apparently everyone else was!)

I've never seen such a huge pot go down uncontested on the river after so much earlier action.

I love Pacific--home of the fishiest players on the Internet. My BB/100 is >10! Oh yeah, one of the guys in the pot had a 100% VPIP through about 15 hands.