View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 02:41 AM

Default Re: STTF SNG->cash thread

[ QUOTE ]

I think blackize is just questioning CO's play, not his own.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah

[ QUOTE ]

A8s isn't the greatest hand for it, but it's not crazy or anything and depends on the history of the session and more specific reads on UTG, imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the 80 hands I've played with him, he seems to just be a fairly straightforward TAG on the nitty side.

I posted this hand because it seems like this is basically a bluff on the part of the CO since he's a sizeable dog to the UTG raising range.

Like microbet said, A8s isn't the greatest hand for it. A8s is behind UTG's range and it doesn't play well postflop against his UTG opening range, much less his 3bet calling range.

I guess it's safe to say who this was since it will help in the context of my question. CO in this hand was DJ Sensei.

The last couple days DJ Sensei and fslexcduck have been playing 1/2(or at least someone on their names) and they have been making some rather odd 3bets.

I've caught fslexcduck 3betting my UTG open with QTo from the button(I run 16/16 shortstacking). The fact that these 2 very solid players are making preflop moves with hands that don't play well postflop(or preflop in duck's case) has me wondering if there might be something to these plays.