View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 02:25 AM

Default Re: 1-table S&Gs - your feedback requested

Obviously the #1 issue with SNGs is rake, it's an absolute joke.

Just look at how much money gets spread around at a 25/50 NL table and how much rake gets collected on those 'investments'. A $1050+50 SNG collects over $450/hr which is far more than what they're making in a 25/50 game where there's much more money getting spread around. The 25/50 games will never die out because the rake is effectively so low.

The $555 SNGs and up are dying out and have been for quite some time, because the rake is unbeatable. A SMALL step in the right direction is making these things 10 handed, but still the rake is unbeatable at almost all of these.

The ante structure is fine- the Party structure was better, though. The smart money is in lowering the rake though, the high stakes 16 tablers are willing to pay enough in rake per year to make this change worth Stars' while. Right now I'm shortstacking and pay such little rake per dollar earned compared to when I played SNGs. SNGs are the most profitable way to extrapolate $/hr for a poker site. Do the math and make the changes, I addressed it in a thread linked within this thread.