View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 01:57 AM

Default Re: KK against thinking opponent

[ QUOTE ]

if ur villain u should realize 90% of the time your opponent checks the river their hand has just been narrowed down to air/marginal holding that can't handle pressure.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea but that's not really the point. We're completely killed by the calling range, no worse hand is ever calling. Like, ever. So you can call it "range merging", but it's turning your hand into a bluff because you're never getting called by worse. The only arguement is maybe you fold out a random Ace or QQ/KK, but that is a very thin arguement imo.

[ QUOTE ]

i would bet kj/qj here. like i said not 100% for value. we are protecting ourself from bluffing frequencies and exploiting opponents tendencies to call at the same time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how betting this river as villain stops you from getting bluffed more than showing your hand down does. It also doesn't exploit his tendencies, because again, you're so rarely getting called by worse or folding out better, so it's not really exploiting anything.

[ QUOTE ]
a big part of it is the hands that they will call with. it might not make sense to you because you would never call here with 2nd pair or maybe even anything less than a flush. but they will! if you start b-fing more, you will be shocked at the kinds of hands you see even from players who you had up till then figured to be good. there's a million reasons why they show down that stuff, ranging from a simple donkey call to much higher-level thinking gone astray from a player out of his element.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am no longer talking about bet-folding KK as hero. I've already said that's ok if you think villain will call with a J, but that's pretty thin to me anyways. I am now talking about villain's betting range if we check, which I claim is mostly hands that beat us.