View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 01:19 AM

Default Re: this is your war on drugs

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to link you to another post in this thread that addresses the very points you make.

here

natedogg

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
The problem is that if you really truly just empower the doctors to make the call on prescriptions, anyone will still be able to get any pill they like, because many doctors will run their practice as a revolving door for any drug. There is no way around this, if the doctors hold the power.

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree completely with this, you are saying that putting drugs in the hands of medical experts would result in a distribution of drugs that is no different than letting people self-prescribe?

Your argument hinges on this on assumption (you are saying doctors are corrupt -> they need oversight -> oversight is done by medical non-professionals -> whats the point of doctors) yet you take this as a simple fact with little explanation.

I might add that I'm not just talking about controlled drugs. Unregulated controlled drugs like narcotics/benzos might be corruptive to some prescribers if left solely to their discretion, but some people in this thread have argued for getting rid of the prescription system completely. And while I lean libertarian, I think that is a ridiculous stance to take.