View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 12:21 AM

Default Re: pretty gross AA decision vs tough lag

I just cant get over the fact that we aren t able to pick the right move here.

scenario1 - you 3 bet and are pot committet - he knows that you are committet and cant push the draws (200$ in the pot and you are both 900$ deep)-

1) so he folds his draws - you win 200$
(by the way I cant see him staking off his money with 44,66,77 - probably 88 or 99 - 1010 plus are definatelly not in his range couse he just flat called from the BB)

-) In my opinion this play has not much EV couse villain got a discount from the BB and is very likely to have anything, also a 5 and he has to raise it in that spot becouse of the draws so we can give him credit. A pocket pair would actually be a perfect spot for him to sqeeze PF since you made a button raise, so I dont think thats in his range very often.

So in this scenario you will eather get staked by a 5 or a full or you win a pot of 200$

scenario2 - you just call.
1) you induce a bluff all the way which is good EV
2) when the 8 hits he might as well check his draws becouse you showed strength all the way.
3) he might also check those pairs to you
4) I dont see him leading out pot size! on the turn with anything but a 5, a full or a straight here so we eather have the chance to lay our AA down couse we really only beat a bluff or we call him down hoping he is on a bluff

-) So the best option is to flat call his reraise on the flop, although this leaves us with a taff decision on the turn.