View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 09:34 PM

Default Re: NL $25 - What should I have done on the river?

[ QUOTE ]

W/ out numbers or reads, I'd look hard at checking river, b/c villain showed strength on turn w/ your near pot sized bet. They called your raise out o' pos. preflop. What range would you put them on? I'm thinking [AA, 22] [AK, AJ]. A tight player would play something like [AA, 88] [AK]. A loose player would play something like [AA, 22] [AK, AJu] [AK, A2s].
IMO a good player would not call your turn bet w/ less than AQ. A str8 looks unlikely. I usually give players the benefit of the doubt until I see evidence that they are fish. If were at the $10NL level, I'd likely value bet, but I don't see enough players these days overplay top pair, low kicker at $25NL.
Loose VPIP or Went to SD #'s would have me value betting easy, $9-12. I would push if Went to SD was high enuogh.

[/ QUOTE ]

He ended up having A/10s of diamonds.

I had been pretty aggressive since I had sat down at the table less than 25 minutes into the session.

I think maybe since he had seen me be pretty aggressive (I had a run of good starting hands to start the session) and, since I was OTB, he might have thought I was making a move. Now, granted, he has no idea that I have the ability to three barrel a hand without a monster, but apparently, he was committed to calling with top pair, mediocre kicker. Of course, I had no idea he would, but other than saying that he's probably a bad player for going all the way with A/10s, what else would we say about a player like this?