View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 07:42 PM

Default Re: NL25 I 3bet QQ prefl, cold-call behind me

Definitely a tight spot you’ve gotten yourself into there without any solid reads on the players. Once the button has moved all in and MP1 folds, the pot is about $46 and its $10.90 more to you to call. What is the button’s range? Assuming he’s not too wild (sort of what you implied) an overcall pre-flop and a 3-bet all-in on a board full of undercards could reasonably be perhaps 99, TT, JJ, QQ (but let’s discount this since you already have it), KK and AA. My thought is that you’re probably beat here, but not enough to throw the hand away getting those odds (you’re getting over 4:1). So go ahead and call and stack off as necessary.

Pre-flop I like the raise but without knowing much about your image it is tough to tell how the table will perceive your actions. The challenge here is really what to do on the flop. Your bet kind of prices you into a shove, so is there merit to betting less, perhaps ˝ the pot? Say you fire $7.30 into this and the button does the same thing…your odds versus his range are still very good so you’re probably calling. If you pot it on the flop you’re still likely calling if either the button or MP 1 shoves. I guess the smaller bet allows you to escape if button shoves and MP calls. Being in the middle of the original raiser and the button really makes it tough for you here.

Like I said, not a pretty picture, but with that action on that flop I suppose there are not too many ways to avoid getting it all in there – especially after MP1 folded. I’d certainly be interested in others thoughts on this one since it does tend to happen a lot and I loathe stacking off with just a pair.

Good luck.