View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 07:15 PM

Default Re: Interesting turn spot IP on QQJJ board vs LAGTAG

[ QUOTE ]
I think 3 betting pf is fine, his range seems to be wide enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good LAGTAGs (which we are assuming villain is) are expanding their range a lot more in late position than in early position.

Oinkers:

pros to betting: he could call down with a worse hand or chop that we are freerolling against, it discourages him from peeling lightly against us from a metagame POV, he could CR bluff and we are never folding.

cons to betting: he could fold a hand that would pay off on the river (king high), he could fold a hand that would bluff the river (missed draw or small pair), he could value town us with a slowplayed hand.

I feel that in general, against such LAGTAGs, I like to be able to check the turn and not get totally exploited, because my hand just isn't that good that often. Here we have a pretty strong chance of holding up if our hand is best (worst case is he has 12 outs with a king high flush draw I think, but that's clearly not common). I like situations where I can check with the strongest of my weak hands (if that makes any sense) because it protects me from having nasty decisions when I am checking with my weakest of my weak hands.

I would check here.

-DeathDonkey