View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 04:46 PM

Default Re: First hand in a tourney I get AA

[ QUOTE ]
(it is the first hand and raising 10xBB should be enough to make all non-premium hands fold)

[/ QUOTE ]

You didnt raise 10xBB though, you re-raise to 10xBB after 3 were already in for 2.25xBB

Thats the problem, there are 3 people already in for T55 and the T10 and T20 blinds making the pot 185 before you even get the chance to act. You throw your 55 in making it 240, then you make it another 145, so the pot is 385 and the next guy only has to call 145 to get in. He calls and the pot is 530 and the next guy only has to call 145 into 530.

With this being the first hand of the tournament, I dont mind a bigger than normal re--raise preflop here making it look like a donk raise. Later in the tournament I would make it 300ish but here I wouldnt mind re-raising 1/2 my stack and shoving the flop.

Some people play terrible early in tournaments and make ungodly raises with crap and get called by crap all the time. This might be one of those situations where you make it look like you suck and get called by someone with a crap hand.