View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 04:41 PM

Default Re: Calling out all full-time mid-level players...study group

[ QUOTE ]
I think irc channel would solve that, there should be people all the time and you could organize a big meeting once/twice a week.

[/ QUOTE ]

As some of you know our community already has an IRC channel:
STT IRC Channel

I haven't checked if people are still active/online in it but I think so.

I have to agree with DannyOcean as well, that this might work on a daily basis for all the "real" Full-Time players and probably just for a small group.

What about creating a poll once or twice a week where you can vote for a topic which will then be discussed in the channel with everybody who is interested? It wouldn't matter if some people do not show up. When you have a set time to meet in the channel and a topic which will be discussed everybody can look for sample hands during the week and might be thinking about questions they want to ask/discuss. Obviously you have the chance to do the likely within this forum as well, but maybe it helps some (me for sure) if you are able to get a more direct help and might even get the attention of the players to one of your posts which just hasn't gotten any answers.
A moderator is a must imo. It would be especially cool if the "best" parts of the discussion and some kind of summary would be posted on 2+2 as well.

I am really excited for this to work out.