View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 04:19 PM

Default Re: So I\'m going to Prison for 2 years

ug.
-a large portion of vehicular accidents are caused by drunk drivers
-this endangers the public
-when the public is in danger...it is expected for laws to be made which protect the public
-a limit for acceptable BAC is set at what is shown to be an effective measurement of alcohol impairement in THE AVERAGE PERSON
-all of this taken together means the safest possible roads for everyone (WHILE TRYING TO INFRINGE THE LEAST ON INDIVIDUALS RIGHTS TO HAVE A DRINK AT DINNER AND STILL DRIVE HOME).

god is it seriously that hard to get. [censored] sake.
"my friends got a dui but man he was sober as [censored] guy can drink like 28 beers a night and hed had maybe like 4 a little earlier [censored] cops!"

it's just idiotic. and i don't even have some moral upset about drunk driving. it's not the be all end all evil. but it endangers ppl so we have to do something about it. something has been done which is tested to be in the best interest of everyone.

as for the punishment being too harsh. 2.5 years is excessive. but this guys crime was also excessive. i'd like to hear a little more about the treatment/punishment he received after each dui...unless he's already talked about it earlier?

also...i read earlier someones friend had an "anti-dui" kit in their car. with gum and eye drops at the ready or something. anyone with this kit is a jack-off.