View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 03:07 PM

Default Re: FutureDoc, Look inside.....[CENSORED] THREAD! [CENSORED] THREAD!

[ QUOTE ]
kleath,
The execution was the bigger issue, the play calling was very results oriented if he overthrows the ball nobody comments on it. Playing for ties in spots like that usually suck.

On an unrelated note I think Coke Zero is very good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not even really saying play for the FG, but there are a number of reasons I dont like the playcall. If you complete the pass for a TD, fantastic you have the lead now, a TD now is not as good as a TD in a minute or so though, giving the Pats 3:30 left is not optimal. If they throw an incomplete, clock stops, they have 3rd and 4 and a very long FG if they cant convert, not a situation I love to be in. Now a 35 yard pass is always gonna have a significantly lower completion rate than a short yardage pass, 2nd and short increases the likelyhood of a positive outcome but still you're gambling here. For clock management reasons and giving yourself the best shot at a positive point gain I think two shots at the first down is the right way to call it and its not terribly close, if holmgren made that call for the hawks id be cursing his name all week.