View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 02:29 PM

Default Re: Turkey Talk: November Low Content Thread

I hope everyone had a great thanksgiving. I went down to bakersfield to hang out with my girlfriend's family, which was relaxing save her cousin's boyfriend who had to be the weirdest most socially inept person I've ever met (I'm not even exaggerating).

Then I put in 9.5 hours of live play over the course of the weekend and won about 50 big bets. There were some glorious hands, but here is one of my favorites:

Pretty tough table except for 2 spots, including villain.

Hero raises in MP with KK. button calls, BB, and EP limper calls.

QT9r

Not a very good flop, but I'm not giving up yet. 7 small bets in the pot, I bet, button folds, bb calls, EP limper calls

QT96 (now two spades)

BB checks, EP limper checks, I bet, bb folds, EP limper raises, I call pretty quickly as I'm about to put the 9th big bet into the pot

QT96K (no flush)

EP Limper checks and looks like somebody just shot his dog. I say "I have to bet" and do. He says "yup, you have to I guess" and calls me. I show my top set, he shows 66 for a turned set, and begins to explain to me how lucky I am to have won and how bad it was for me to call his raise on the turn.

I smile graciously while stacking his chips, managing not to mention that calling a bet getting 8:1 when you're a 22:1 dog might not be prudent....