View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 11:03 AM

Default Re: Ask me about financial success to spending 2 years state prison

Muse,

All medium security jails in ny follow the same schedule. I may have downplayed the tension and anxiety one feels, because I was lucky in that my time went smoothly. I was very aware that things could have changed on a dime. Regardless of what jail you are in, if a 1/3 of the inmates are doing life, and more than half have violent convictions, it is pretty hardcore. Maybe not OZ, but for somebody like me it was.

Mo,

I wanted to go in asap, but because of how slow the system moves I would have had to do the 2 months at rikers island, which would have sucked.

2 people I knew went up there. One had an uneventful bid, the other still came home on time, but did get into 2 fights. I heard another person in my case had 2 years added on, dont know why.

In hindsight I was very thankful to be sent where I was, but I was hoping to get a "boot camp" thing where I would be home in 6 months. Or at the very least a minimum security prison.

I'd go nuts if I didnt speak to my cell mates. Most were cool and intelligent (at least not dumb). I had 5 cell mates, 2 in for murder, 1 for manslaughter.