Thread: 50nl 337bb Deep
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 03:26 AM

Default Re: 50nl 337bb Deep

Thanks for all of the responses
I had been playing longer than usual, I was just about to quit, and was pretty much on auto pilot when this hand happened.

The pot got big pretty quick and I wasn't thinking correctly about controlling the size of the pot. I wouldn't normally have any problem getting away from TPTK this deep, but I really didn't think after having played with him for a while that he'd call me with a hand pf that had a 7 in it.

I almost folded to his turn bet, but after thinking through the hand I really thought he had AK, I just couldn't see him having any other hand. I just shoved turn because I figured it was going in regardless and I really didn't think he had me beat. He had 77 for flopped quads.

Preflop I thought villain was trying to isolate the CO who was a weaker player and I figured my pf raise would just take it down. I think you can make good arguments for folding, calling or raising pf, but after reading many of the responses I do now think folding is best here. Once I bet the flop it's tough to fold to his flop raise. I guess I could have gotten away on the turn but the pot's so big and he would probably play AK the same way.

Good hand Kolotoure