View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 02:46 AM

Default Re: So I\'m going to Prison for 2 years

[ QUOTE ]
stinkypete, you know we come across each other a fair bit in these forums (I mean it's not like you're a lurker either) and if you want to keep up with the attacks that's your deal. My point was that it was beaten to death in this thread. There is limited value in proving to you that I have friends or spend time away from here or get ass from time to time. I am old, however, I can't get away from that.

Edge, let me dial it back a bit. I WISH we lived in a world where the cops did things 100% according to the book. Don't we all? But the fact is I've seen and heard of too many acts of lines being crossed to be comfortable with standing pat, and more strict DUI laws not only are unreasonable and unnecessary at this point but give police even more discretion, which is not something I am comfortable with.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is perfectly reasonable, and I knew you had it in you. I generally respect your opinion, which is why I was so surprised you were being pretty unreasonable. I know its not a perfect world. But when you have people who think 0.08 is too arbitrary, it would seem to me that you have to give police discretion in order to properly enforce a law that is based on a compromise for BAC. That's all my initial point was.