View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 02:14 AM

Default Re: So I\'m going to Prison for 2 years

[ QUOTE ]
"LOL" all you want, its cute. However, its true. Even if its something as weak as failing to signal or not coming to a complete stop at a red light when you're going to make a right turn. Save the cutesy "zomg cops have too much power" for another thread, please.

I'm not saying it has to be a STRONG reason, but unless they're at a DUI checkpoint where they basically do everybody, they HAVE to have a reason logged for pulling you over. Simple as that. Keep it on the straight and narrow and don't give them one.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Officer, why did you pull the defendant over?"

"Your honor, it was approximately 1:40am, the bars had just gotten out, they appeared to be of college age, and were driving from the direction of said drinking establishments. Given my years on the force, my experience in situations like this, and the totality of the circumstances, I decided to stop them on the suspicion of drunk driving. When I approached the car, the defendant seemed nervous, and the car smelled of alcohol. I instructed the driver to step out of the car, and I administered a field sobriety test. The defendant did not complete the test to the specific guidelines set forth, and upon receiving a breathalyzer reading of .09 I arrested him for driving under the influence."

Judge: Pwned, guilty.

You'd be surprised, man. You can make a reason out of essentially nothing these days.