View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 02:04 AM

Default Re: So I\'m going to Prison for 2 years

[ QUOTE ]
MuresanForMVP, you are given a chance to prove your coordination when you're suspected of drunk driving. If you pass the coordination tests flawlessly, you will most likely not be tested via breathalyzer. I've been in a situation where my friend who had not been drinking was pulled over while driving my car on the way home from AC. The car smelled strongly of alcohol, but he got out and performed coordination tests flawlessly and wasn't even tested via breathalyzer.

If you have been drinking though, and you suspect that you're under the legal limit, you have a right not to tell the officer that you've been drinking AND refuse coordination tests. You just can't refuse the breathalyzer.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with this is that if the officer wants you to fail this test then he will find a way. and like you said, you can't refuse a breathalyzer. Actually you can, but then your license is automatically suspended, but w/e. I think my idea is far better than the current system. Cops can almost literally pull you over for any reason, and often do if they know the bars just got out and you look of college-age or whatever. It appears that you're putting FFAARRRR too much confidence in the police to use discretion in these situations.