View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 01:39 AM

Default Re: ***Official SNF PHI/NE thread***

[ QUOTE ]
Just like when the Colts lost to the chargers in the midst of their perfect season run, and it was claimed this provided the blueprint, my feeling was the Colts just didn't show up with the hammer ready to play. This was my feeling tonite with the Pats, that it wasn't so much the gameplan, as Feeley putting up a Montana performance till it was Montana-time, and the Pats lineman getting pushed around all night. But the Eagles ran their plan tonite to perfection, and it seems that it will be extremely difficult for any other team to run that plan with the same success.

[/ QUOTE ]

agree with all this, the pats really looked flat, some guys got hurt, etc.

another way to describe it, though, is a career backup QB with a receiving corps comprised of 4 guys who wouldn't even get on the field in a pats uniform perforated our defense for three quarters, and moss looked very average in the face of some physical confrontation. it's good that we still won, and it will probably have the pats fired up the next couple weeks and working harder than ever, but it really showed that, even with great disparities in talent and coaching, there is a lot of [censored] variance in the NFL, and anybody can make a play at any time.

but yeah, we played like ass, the eagles played way over their heads in several ways, reid came in with an excellent game plan, and we still won. that's good.