View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 01:29 AM

Default Re: Do you 3-bet KQ/AJ vs a TAG raiser at NL10?

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the input. It's funny that you say not to 3-bet loose opponents with hands such as KQ and AJ because I do it quite often assuming I'm ahead of their range, and usually a C-bet will take it down.

I'm not personally having trouble with 3-betting, I'm just curious if I should be with such hands. I find myself coldcalling almost always in position and also folding OOP, which seems like the right play. But sometimes I feel like I should be more aggressive with these hands and not so passive. I have no problem 3betting PP and SC, as like you said are easy to get away from and easy to play if you hit.

How does this change if they're suited?

[/ QUOTE ]

you are correct that you are likely more ahead of looser opponents with KQ and AJ but with looser opponents you have more opportunities to wait for premium hands as you do not have to worry about them folding/not raising as often when you do get AA-JJ and AQ+. As far as having KQs or AJs these are probably the hands that you want to be 3betting 80% more than the offsuit variety as they carry added hand value thus more fold equity. Example: you are dealt AsJs in the SB and 22/17 villain on the button makes 4bb raise. You 3bet to 14BB's and villain calls. Flop comes 3s 8h 9s. This is an excellent flop to check-raise all in as villain will stab here with lots of hands in his range and your raise puts him to a pretty big committment decision while you have 12 outs if he has TT-KK. Most other hands villain has will fold to your check/raise and the dead money in the pot more than makes up for the times which you do not draw out on villain. Do you see what I'm saying. Same goes for KsQs.. you can eliminate AsKs and AsQs immediately and you still have 12 outs against TT-QQ.