View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 01:24 AM

Default Re: ***Official SNF PHI/NE thread***

i think the blueprint thing is overrated too, it's not like there's some big secret with the pats, but the basic approach - being very aggressive, going after brady, trying to get turnovers / big plays, etc - is something you would THINK people would have tried before. i mean to an extent people are always trying to do that - every team has a pass rush, some just suck - but it seems like a lot of teams this year have just tried to sit back, manage the clock, keep brady off the field, etc. [censored] that, you need to blitz his ass, press the receivers, and play physical if you can get away with it. it was games like this that had the colts crying to the competition committee about pats' DBs and contact downfield, other teams should keep trying the same thing.

a team like the steelers is not going to be very aggressive offensively most of the time, but maybe this game gives them some ideas. or maybe they already knew about these weaknesses and it's just that no team has shown the ability to keep their QB safe long enough to exploit them.

i dunno, basically i agree that the blueprint notion is overrated, but i think some weaknesses were also exposed tonight