View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 01:17 AM

Default Re: toughts on optimal hu strategy

when ur down to 4bb i dont think it matters so much if u continue to shove wide, i dont think you should be tightening up much there as youve lost most of your equity and any hand that could play well vs his wide range is worth it that short.

as far as 20bb play, 2.5x and staying aggro from the button is pretty standard, limping with some nice SCs and good hands to control pots/take flops with. i dont have a problem 2 barreling on good cards and betting river after turn checks through and cbets get called because of how weak tight i feel like a lot of these players play. if you think the redname gets people to try to "keep you honest" or whatever BS is usually out there then id obv tone down the aggression in some of those spots and just try to control pots and see and just try and chip away and what not....id still be raising my Ax/kx hands but like the sexy SCs and and what not maybe ok to take more limp/call lines/float lines etc...

also if hes a reasonable player 20+ishbb is fine for restealing IMO. hard to discern random ranges but im sure you can run #s and figure out good ones based on reads.