View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 01:12 AM

Default Too Aggressive w/OESD?

Ok, here's my first ever hand history post. I'm a limit player making the switch to NL, and I know I have a lot of leaks to fill. I started as a weak tight NL player, but have been trying to be more aggressive and prey on the many many weak players out there. Here, I worry that I went too far.

SB is running at 50/21 over 85 hands. He likes to play his blinds regardless of a raise.

UTG is on my buddy list, with 60/12 over about 600 hands. He's prone to pushing light when he goes on tilt, which is frequently. I want him to feel persecuted and on the defensive as much as possible.

MP is 36/1 over about 200 hands, and he seemed easy to push out of a pot.

CO is another L/P (46/1) and I've been raising those two limpers constantly and scuffling with UTG in bigger pots.

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.05/.10 BB (6 handed) Ultimate-Bet Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

SB ($4.90)
BB ($5.43)
UTG ($26.12)
MP =(Villian)/ ($5.46)
CO ($9.66)
Hero ($19.93)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7, 7.
UTG calls $0.10, MP (Villian)/ calls $0.10, CO calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.7</font>, SB calls $0.65, 1 fold</font>, UTG calls $0.60, MP (Villian)/ calls $0.60, CO folds.

I'm raising here to possibly take down the pot right now, but certainly thin the herd. It's also possible I have the best hand. I'm not at all happy to get this many callers, as my hand doesn't stand up well without trips.

Flop: ($3) 5, 8, 6 (4 players)</font>
SB bets $0.1</font>, UTG calls $0.10, Villian calls $0.10, Hero raises to $3.5</font>, SB raises to $3.6</font>, UTG folds, Villian calls $3.40, Hero calls $0.

I think this is about as good a flop as I could hope for. I would normally interpret the weak donk as a draw, small/middle pair, or possibly overcards. I hold two of the 7s, so I think it's most likely the bottom end if it's a draw but more likely he's got a pair here. The calls are just passive players being passive, and I don't get a lot of info out of them.

Calling seems ultra weak, but would it have been a better play?

I absolutely wanted to take it down right here, so bet the pot. Would a smaller bet have been better? Should I have bet a little bit more to force SB and/or Villian to call their whole stack? Bet sizing is a murky area for me.

Turn: ($13.70) 8 (3 players)</font>
Villian checks, Hero bets $0.6</font>, Villian calls $0.56 (All-In).

The all-in call by SB is worrisome, but the overcall by Villian means I pretty much have to be behind. A straight is unlikely, so he must have an overpair or a full house at this point. Why does he check here? Anyway, I bet it for him. I can't imagine he'll fold, but you never know. More importantly, I don't think he'll check again on the river if I check the turn and I don't know how I could fold to a river bet that small even if the river's a complete blank.

River: ($14.82) T (3 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $14.86