View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 01:07 AM

Default Re: So I\'m going to Prison for 2 years

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and for those of you saying 0.8 is a stupid arbitrary line - 0.8 is pretty drunk - it definitely affects your ability to drive. there have been many, many studies done on this (none of which i'm going to look up cuz i'm lazy).

if it was at 1.0 you'd be complaining about the same thing when you blow 1.1.

there's a very good reason why the legal limit is much lower in almost every other country. the line has to be set somewhere, and you guys who love to drive drunk are lucky it's as high as it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's funny that you said that 0.08 is pretty drunk. Go buy a breathalyzer and tell us how you feel at 0.08. Until then, stop making fabricated statements. I happen to know how I feel at 0.08, and it's not even close to "pretty drunk".

I also think that there should be different legal limits depending on whether you're driving in an urban, suburban or rural area.

[/ QUOTE ]

DIFFERENT PEOPLE ARE AFFECTED DIFFERENTLY BY ALCOHOL. SURPRISE, SURPRISE.

An 80-pound 17-year-old anorexic cheerleader is going to get blitzed a lot faster than some 300-pound, beer-for-breakfast lardass who can't go a night without a six-pack.

I'm in no way against drinking, but .08 is a line set because it has to be set SOMEWHERE. If you don't give law enforcement officials room to go either way, then you have about as bad a system as you could possibly have. How is this so [censored] complicated?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the 80 pound cheerleader will reach 0.08 much faster than the 300 pound slob. So what's the point?

[/ QUOTE ]

My point is that you have no idea what .08 will feel like to different people. Its not possible. Just because you don't feel anything there due to your years of experience doesn't mean nobody does.

Like I said - .08 is there because there has to be a line somewhere just for the law. Law enforcement officials are given the right to make judgment calls and are trained in how to do so. Is the system perfect? Of course not. Plenty of people get away with driving drunk just because they weren't swerving or there wasn't a cop or whatever. And I'm sure there are people who have DUI's at .08, but there's a very simple way to not have that happen....

Once again, I'm not anti-drinking, and I will drive home after drinking, but NEVER more than 2 drinks, and always with some time given to it. I do my best to stay away from shots too, but that's just because (even though I know they've got the same alcohol in them as a mixed drink) I think they affect me differently. That's all.