View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 01:01 AM

Default Re: Do you 3-bet KQ/AJ vs a TAG raiser at NL10?

it all depends on villain, your image, and their position when they have raised. If it's a 20/18 TAG raising on the cutoff I'll 3bet these hands from the button about 25% of the time and call 75% of the time. OOP/blinds if villain raises from CO or button, I'm 3betting about 10-15% of the times with these hands and folding the rest of the time. Also KQ and AJ do not play well OOP in a 3bet pot as they are easily reverse dominated and it's likely you would be better off 3betting 67 suited or a similar hand that is less likely to run into this problem as it is easy to fold to resistance and easy to play if you do hit. Anyone that has a VPIP over 30 I would suggest never 3betting these hands as you are more likely to outplay them with premium hands as opposed to getting into a dick swinging contest with marginal hands against someome who doesn't fold to 3bets much. If you are honestly having problems with this at the $10 and $25 limits it's probably best to switch tables as it takes a lot of practice/flop reading ability to know how to play 3bets.