View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 11:33 PM

Default Re: (NC) post on tone

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
actually I take that back. I don't post much in MSNL b/c there are proportionally a lot more aholes there, so a good friendly community is important, but I don't think SSNL is that bad at all. if you take away ikestoys posts and people flaming Nielso we're all quite nice

[/ QUOTE ]

SSNL may be nicer than MSNL, but that doesn't mean it's a very friendly place. I don't post as much in here as often as I used to or should be, but I still lurk a ton and have definitely noticed what the OP is saying. SSNL has gradually become a very unfriendly place.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing this is because of all the horrible posts the good posters are expected to read through. It's supposed to be a forum for interesting discussion, not a 'post a bad hand have some good regs politely teach you how to play poker' place. Those people need a coach, not posting rights.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's two solutions to this:

1) The "good posters" (whatever that means) should ignore threads they find to be standard/retreads/etc. No one is obligated to post in EVERY thread.

2) More mods/modding. Delete useless threads. Create some sort of weekly/monthly thread for basic questions.