View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 11:04 PM

Default Re: 16s: Getting short with 99 facing a TAG raise

I guess it just comes down to how tight they are, loxxii, as I think we have near zero fold equity in each case. There was a point where I was folding AJo from the co at t100, and KQs as well, so I'm pretty sure you'd have been ahead of like 1 or 2 hands in my range and flipping or crushed by the rest. For the most part I'm a bit laggier now, so I guess if you had his pfr filtered for this level it would at least give us something... then pokerstove or SNGWIZ ftw. Hand 2 I'm folding every time to practically any tag, and hand 1 I really want a read on what villains pfr to 300 means-- i.e., does he also raise to 250, or does he raise bigger with high vulnerable pairs, like JJ (that crush us), etc. I guess if I'm unable to get a good read and villain is tight in hand 1, I'm just folding and hoping he shows down. I play 20-25 tables and don't have a hud that works with my outdated computer, but I'm writing down pfr notes on tags like crazy in these situations (I drag the active table onto a 2nd or 3rd monitor or else the others keep popping up in front of it, then battle with stars stealing the focus as I try to finish the note as I manage to time out on all the other tables).

I guess my gut instinct is hand 1, TT+, AK... AQs is probably better than TT, but I may or may not shove it... probably. Hand 2, I want JJ+, AK. We still have over 10 bbs and have really lost any fold equity if villain is decent, so we have to be ahead of his range.