View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 10:42 PM

Default Please help Re: selling shares of my PCA seat

I was fortunate enough to win a PCA package and I’ll be taking my family with me. It occurred to me that I could pay for some of the extra travel expenses by selling shares of myself in the event. I want to be completely fair (or even slightly UNfair to myself) and have everyone feel very comfortable with the arrangement. From the results I found using the search function, the standard arrangement for these deals would be for me to give the shareholders 60-80% of the winnings assuming I sold 100% of myself (which I’m not), so I’d just prorate it accordingly.

Buy-in is $8,000 so I could sell 100 shares @ $80 each.

- So the standard deal would be that each share is worth 0.6-0.8% of my winnings.
- Would I be a fool to offer even money (each share worth 1% of my after-tax winnings) or even better (Each share worth, say 1.2%)?

FWIW, I’m not a complete donk. I’m a long term winner at the levels I play (currently $16s; ROI > 10%) and this is not my 1st major tourney. I am just exploring this as a way to raise some extra travel funds out of the package that I won. Maybe I’d sell 10-20% of myself total.

So, what do you think? Would YOU be interested? Anything else I should know about doing this? Oh, and I’m nowhere near actually doing this yet, if ever – just considering it. Hoping for some useful 2p2 advice. Thanks in advance.