View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 10:33 PM

Default Re: Ask me about financial success to spending 2 years state prison

The facility I was finally sen to is setup like a college campus and not like the new cookie cutter facilities they've built. There are about 14 houses each with an "L" shaped hallway. One hallway is all rooms about 5 on each side, 1 person, 2person and 4 person...based on seniority. The other hallway opens to a room about 30 ft x 50 ft, and there are 7 beds on each side seperated very well by dividers (they look like the cubicles you'd see in an office). Obviously a single room is the best. After that it is based on your preference, I personally liked the 2 man room b/c I had great bunkies, and I was worried about snorers in the cube area.

Then there is a common room that has a tv with cable, tables to play games, and a seperate area that has a washer and dryer for laundrey. aThis is also the area where the cooking gets done...2 hot plates per house and everybody takes turns.

They will wake u up at 7am during the week for count and u have to be out of the house by 7:30 u have the option of going to chow, any meal is optional. At 8 morning programs start (few programs there, the only downside but never bothered me). You go back to your house at 11 . At 12 is lunch, then 12:45 are the pm programs. At 3 back into house, 4:30 starts dinner. At 5:30 you can either go to the gym or yard. At 8 back in for count , then You can go to the gym 8:30-9:30, 10pm count, 12pm tv goes off. On weekends all houses are open all day and You can stay iin all day if that is what you like, no programs, and the tv is on until 2am.