View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 05:33 PM

Default Re: 10NL 2 pair Line check

I understand your thought process, and what you're saying does make sense - that said, I smell a potential case of 'fancy play' syndrome. I guess it worked in that you did eventually get him all in...

Why let him draw for free? Ramp up the aggression a little and alot of players at this level will think ZOMG he's bluffing and stack off fairly light. No reason to think he couldn't have hands that makes your vulnerable on the flop - JT, AK, AQ, etc. Some players will TARP you at this level by flatting with big pocket pairs, too.

Especially at 10NL, I'd:
-Raise more preflop, make your flop cbet larger in proportion to your preflop raise.
-Specifically, If you'd gone ~.40 preflop, then ~.60 preflop, villain is down to ~4 on the turn. A pot sized bet (~2) on the turn will effectively put villain all in on the river anyway, and you don't allow him to draw for free on you on the turn.

Generally: you'd probably have a better idea where you were if you raised preflop, cbet flop, bet turn and then got pushed on, than you do right now.