View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 04:55 PM

Default Re: pretty gross AA decision vs tough lag

couple thoughts, tough hand.

while i'm tempted to take this line to maintain control i think a flop 3 bet on this board is better under different circumstances (for instance, if we raise UTG+1 and this villain is the sole caller from the BB) where we would tend to make this play with a wider range to exert maximum pressure. in this situation however i feel that he can show up with a lot of suited junk and several 5x's (well amongst a ton of other hands) given the description so i want to keep the pot a bit smaller and encourage bluffs even if flatting his raise does narrow our hand range somewhat.

once he fires this specific turn i am quite concerned. for he will realize that on this board we are often shoving over or folding to his bet, and given stack sizes this will not allow him to call with any draws he may possess, which would be a fairly gross misjudgement on his part. so i think he's further narrowed to hands > AA and air now? without any knowledge on his barrelling tendencies i'm not really sure whether a turn fold or call/decide on river is best here.